Play Golf and Kick the Anger (Part 1)

Kicking balls is the best way to beat Anger......

Oh Shit! Hell with you! Damn Stupid!......we do utter this and other such stuff, at least once a day....at least I used to....

We do this to vent our steam.......

We need to vent our steam to let go anger......

What is Anger ?
When something happens not as per our wish or expectation.

When we are stuck in traffic, and car ahead of you breaks-down, folks in rear start honking at you.....You get angry.
When your Supervisor post appraisal , rates you as "Just Meets Expectation" , .....You get angry.
When you are placed on hold or disconnected, via IVR to update your details on Credit Card...You get angry.
When your flight is delayed , although weather conditions are good but the Airline has not update for you.....You get angry.

All the above and many such similar situations make us angry.

Anger is hidden in Danger

Anger also leads to Stress, Stress leads to many irreversible challenges.

Let me share few interesting examples.....

As a child I recollect we friends used to play a game in school. We used to have a rubber ball, and had to throw and hit one of the running player. We used to keep running to get hold of the ball. Since the one who had the ball had the opportunity to hit with the ball. Most of the time, we used to hit with the ball at one of  our classmate with whom I had quarrel or did not get along well. It used to be fun. I used to always feel good after this game and in-spite of running very energetic.Also I used to later feel like going and settling my quarrel with the one whom I had picked fight or not get along.
Little did I realize at that time, I was subtly venting my steam by hitting with the ball.

Later as I grew up, I forgot all about the game. Such games were not played at college. I started playing Tennis. Soon I developed a good Fore-hand. I used to play 3 times a week. After every session of almost 45 minutes. Although physically draining, I used to feel energetic and joyful. I started to do some introspection. I realized when ever I used to hit the forehand,my mind would visualize a unhappy incident or fight or a person with whom had quarrel or difference of opinion. I used to hit the ball with Raquet , but my mind used to hit at the situation or difference of opinion or the person with whom had the debate.
Deeper the debate or higher the difference of opinion, harder the hitting of ball.
Little did I realize at that time, I was subtly venting my steam by hitting the ball hard and harder.

Tomorrow,Stay tuned for my experience of Hitting the Golf Ball on the Greens with 5 Wood......


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vedi….Vini…..Vinci……The Vino Velo Ride.

Go Goa Gone.......Vedi Vini Vinci

Why Marathoners make better Corporate Professionals