Tribute to my Blog , this time last year....Qualifying for TMM (Tata Mumbai Marathon)...GET SET GO....TMM 2019

If you succeed once, It maybe Accident.....
You need to attempt again, to prove self, It was Not!

NIO Vision run July,2018 I did 10KM in 63 minutes.
NIO Vision run July, 2017 I did 10KM in 67 minutes. https://goo.gl/WHCq6B ( My blog on TMM qualifier and the journey till NIO 2017)

Yes I did better by exactly 4 minutes as I stand on the border of reaching my 51st year.

This blog is tribute to my earlier blog and all those who helped me till date and all those who inspire me to write (Subhash this one is for you, as an  advance treat I owe to make me do in 60minutes 10KM).

I did share my journey in the above mentioned blog, the agony and the ecstasy to reach that qualifying timing in 2017 for TMM 2018.

This blog is to pen, my passion which driven me to prove that number was not an accident or environmental blessing or just another of those once in while good day.

People say, after some time or certain age, we have nothing to prove or we need not prove anything.
I have slightly radical or an optimistic view to above. All of us have the child within us till we hit the grave. The child in us is what drives Passion to excel. Child in us keeps the flame of competition alive, and not facade. Child in us makes us cry after failure and laugh after success.

We don't mature as we age, we mature killing the child within us.
I am extremely passionate in any activity or task, since I have kept the child within me ticking and alive , even as I age by calendar.

I qualified for TMM 2018, completed 21KM in 2.37 hrs, enjoying the scenic view and clicking more photos then I was on road. That is a history.
TMM 2019 schedule is announced. I am already eligible this time to participate based on my TMM 2018 performance. Most felt I will rest and enjoy the fruits and rest on the past.

No. No way. The crazy me, the child within me, said 2017 qualifying was an accident, you need to prove you are eligible after 1 year to do that 21KM in 2019.
The competitive child in me said, you are 360 calendar days progressed, how the hell can you use the same timing of last year and believe you will be able to do again TMM 2019.

With this trigger set in my brain chip, I said yes I have to prove to the child within me . Please do not tempt me and challenge me, I am going to do better than last year to be really qualified in my heart and for self.  I believe we need to prove all the time. Unless we do not have that desire to prove and do better, than the previous time you are just not having Joy of living. 

I will skip the details of preparation (most of it is in mind, I believe things are won in MIND and Brain, even before you step on the track).
So I participated in NIO 2018, and did 10KM in 63 minutes. Quite fast .
I am a strong OPTIMIST. 
Also I am avid fan and believer, WHAT YOU VISUALIZE happens.

Battles, Races, Deals are always won by the winners, even before they step in the arena.

This was my way of keeping the child withing me alive and giggling with joy for the performance on track.
Well today's blog, is not to articulate details of how I did and the entire journey of those 63 minutes or  63 hours or 63 days before......It is as said tribute to many and wishes for those who like me are aspiring to breeze thru Mumbai Marine Drive in Jan,2019.

I will share my tips and pointers....
TIPS:
1. Accept anything(good or bad) can happen between today and the D-day Jan, 20th 2019.
2. Don't allow the good or bad divert you from your sight on 20th Jan,2019.
3. You need to everyday visualize, self ,crossing the finish line with hands waving head held high and big smile to the whole audience like a Roman Gladiator or Olympic Winner a HERO for all those loved ones waiting for you.....
4. You need to visualize this picture this view everyday atleast once a day.(Trust me this Visual will help you in all those moments when you climb elevation in humid weather, against the hot sun of Mumbai, cramps in legs and stomach, parched lips due to salt breeze thru the route)
5. Pls register and train the child withing you, the qualifying is not end of the race, this is the beginning of physical and mental training.
6. Yes I strongly recommend Mental training in 80:20 ratio. 80% mental workout to 20% physical workout.
7. Mental workout is

  • THINK POSITIVE. 
  • THINK YOU WILL DO IT .
  •  BE HAPPY ALL THE TIMES
  • DO NOT LISTEN TO NEGATIVE and NOISE in the HEAD
  • PAT SELF everyday, for every small act of training.
POINTERS:
1. No pain, no gain. The rains, nor the sun , nor the winter chill should stop from your practice session.
2. You can always find every day many excuses to avoid doing the mental visual and physical training. You need only 1 REASON to DO IT: VISUAL:-> THE SMILING YOU> WAVING HAND HIGH>HEAD HIGH of the WINNER.
3.Believe IF YOU CANT FIND MIRACLES, you need to BECOME a MIRACLE
4. Do not overdo anything. Neither workout. Nor Diet. 
5. Do not FOCUS on time and records. Records are made and are broken, 
6. Focus to create MEMORIES.(Everyday) They are yours and stay for life time and afterlife. None can steal or break it.
7. Don't miss any MOMENTS. (Events keep happening) Numbers are forgotten,. You will LIVE those MOMENTS forever and ever.....Moment to watch the sunrise and click it, moment to hear the chirping of birds, moment to watch the green in monsoon, flowers in winter and changing colors every day.....Moment to help someone......CREATE MOMENTS......This will help you sail the breeze and salty humid conditions around the sea line......

SUMMARY:
The joy is not in the race or the time, the joy and fun is in the journey the route.....so prepare for that joy and fun.
You need to promise self everyday you are going to have fun and you will make those around ,ahead and behind route happy with you.
We all need to find a mentor, a buddy or partner for practice. Find one and be steady. ( I am blessed to have my buddies Arjun, Shailesh a Guru Prasad and few well wishers and Young Dude Subhash who sprints 10KM in 50 minutes)
Try to keep diary and notes of things you do. Small such achievements are the building bricks of ROME.

Last but not the least, we all will need a lot of Wind(s) with us when on road.
The wind is your idol whom you worship. 
The wind is someone who will hold your hand and pat on back when you sweating.(maybe virtually)
Wind is someone whom you see in your mind, when you are tired.
Wind is someone special into the arms you wish to end the race.....
Visualise that Wind to be beside you everyday and waiting to welcome you in arms as you race with arms open wide and smile to hug, and CREATE A STORM.....

Go....Get..Set..Go.....



Comments

Surekha said…
Manoj how lucid you are with words. Your flow of words is like milk and honey mixer. Not only you inspire by your actions, but your fitness and your commitment towards achieving your goals is amazing.keep on inspiring and keep the child alive in you. God bless and love you.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Thank you so much for mention manoj sir.... Your blogs always inspire me. Felt exhilarated after reading my name in the blog...I was so inspired after reading your last year's nio marathon blog that I achieved my first SUB50-10km in next marathon(In LSOM which happened to be 5 days after reading your last year's nio marathon blog).
U never fail to inspire people. Keep providing the dose of motivation through your inspirational writing.
#RESPECT ��
nidhi said…
Manoj Sir....there is an awesomeness in your writing...specially the pointers. So crisp and clear. You are THE motivation...keep writing..keep inspiring...love and respect..and mind you ..you aren't aging...you are getting awesome day by day

Popular posts from this blog

Vedi….Vini…..Vinci……The Vino Velo Ride.

Go Goa Gone.......Vedi Vini Vinci

Why Marathoners make better Corporate Professionals