Century Ride on Cycle , the beginning of journey with COB.....

 Today's Pain and Preparation, is Success Tomorrow

Once upon a time , long ago 35 years ago in a small place Dombivili a small boy loved cycling.
He had simple Speedking no gear cycle. He used to cycle all day everywhere and used to take double seat and triple seat. His buddies shared the same passion. He also was one of the best slow cyclist.

Soon routine academic pursuits took priority, followed by career pursuits and later family pursuits.
One thing led to another and in "Pursuit of Happiness", poor boys joy and passion for cycling gathered rust and spider web.

Well they say, when you wish from heart, the whole universe converges to make it happen.

Blessing in disguise came in form of COB: Cycle on Buddies.
I met this wonderful group of young high spirit cyclists , exactly 1 year ago for a Night ride from Pune University.
I was very apprehensive and worried , since was getting into long distance cycling after very long time.
Lot had changed on the cycling front. I was having a simple Hercules Rodeo, and was intimidated by the various cycles the accessories and sports wear etc.
But one thing all had common was vivacious energy, passion for cycling and great enthusiasm

This was a very young crowd and i was so nostalgic of my hey days and took me back in time 35 years ago.

We were group of 50 + cyclists who started from Pune Univ via Ruby Hall via KP via Mundwa and further ahead and back to Univ......

The best part was I got to meet many new young, bold and intellectual class of dudes and gals.

Since I was an amateur I was keeping my eyes open to watch road, and ears open for tips on cycling.
It was such a memorable journey of making new friends which has celebrated 1 year anniversary this month.

Kaushik aka KD, Hitesh the Marathoner, Nidhi the Transformer, Priyanka the Sprinter, Nakul the Innovator, Amol the Ultra Man are few of the names and brains behind COB.

After the Night Ride, I had no looking back....I had found my Mojo and almost DejaVu.....
It rekindled my passion for my cycling and I joined this wonderful community and now my extended family.....

Incidentally I was always looking to cross the limits, break new boundaries and explore the adventure of long distances.
After my success with Half Marathon running and eyes set on Full Marthon and eyeing TataMumbai Marathon scheduled for  January , 2018 I was restless....

I was keen to really do a very long distance cycling had done 35K, 45K, 55K......was restless in heart ...was worried can my body take it, can my legs pedal beyond 65k 75k.....will that be a dream...

After 2 failed attempt at Full marathon , I was low and sad....
I felt mind can not win over body.....
I was in turmoil should I accept 50years is not the age for crossing and doing anything beyond 30k 35K.
Make peace with nature accept destiny, you cant run and cycle like the young , fit COBians.....

But my heart said, help with the age its only the a number and figment of mind.
I had great team of buddy cyclists, I had more faith in them, then they had in themselves:-)

When all this turmoil and turbulence was in progress,COB announced the "Century Ride....Pune to Lonavala back Pune"

Wow  100km of cycling....My eyes were wide awake when I saw this posting.

TEAM ...Together Everyone Achieves More, I was going to experience yet another tim, in the span of few months with different set of people and again on road...

Century Ride was announced and scheduled on Dec,10th 2017 from Pune Univ......

They say a person is known by the company they keep....I modify, person becomes one by the company he is in.....

I had faith in self, power of the team and started visualising I completing my Ist 100KM of cycling with a great Bold and Supportive COBians.....

Well the details of Dec,10th 2017, the adventure , the experience and Did I or Did I not....will have to pen later.....

Comments

kaushik said…
Wow dada.. nice and motivating
Unknown said…
Great Story. Still many more pages to be written and many more rides to go with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Vedi….Vini…..Vinci……The Vino Velo Ride.

Go Goa Gone.......Vedi Vini Vinci

Why Marathoners make better Corporate Professionals